torna ad archivio
Train the Trainer – Learning principles and teaching best practices: focus on academic teaching
ELIXIR-IIB, in collaboration with University of Salerno, Italy, is pleased to announce the upcoming training course on
"Train the Trainer – Learning principles and teaching best practices: focus on academic teaching"
Course date: 27-29 SEPTEMBER 2017
There is no course attendance fee.
Full details and the application form at: https://elixir-iib-training.github.io/website/2017/09/27/train-the-trainer-salerno.html
The course is made up of four sessions, covering:
- Learning principles and how they apply to training and teaching
- Teaching techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation
- Assessment and feedback in training and teaching
- Lesson, course, and materials design
Examples and discussions will also focus on the challenges presented by academic teaching.
Who may be interested in this course?
Whoever wants to become a teacher or a better one. If you have questions like the following ones, this course may be very helpful to you.
- How learning works?
- How can I use learning principles to improve my teaching?
- How can I make my teaching more engaging and effective?
- How should I adjust my teaching to different types of learners?
- How can I help slow learners?
- How can I assess whether my students are actually understanding my lessons? Are they actually learning?
- What is the best balance between theory and practice?
- How can I best assess whether learning is occurring and/or has occurred?
- What works in a classroom and what doesn't?
For any question about organisational issues, please contact the ELIXIR-IIB Training Team (email@example.com) or the local organiser Anna Marabotti (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have questions regarding the course goals and content, you may contact the trainers: Allegra Via (email@example.com) and Pedro Fernandes (firstname.lastname@example.org).